2/3 Cloves of Garlic
4 TBSP Olive Oil, Divided
1 TBSP Balsamic Vinegar (Sub: Red Win Vinegar)
≈1/2 of a Sourdough Loaf
≈4-6 Basil leaves, stems trimmed
1/4 C Shredded Parm
Balsamic Reduction (optional)
Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper to Season
- Dice your tomatoes & add to a medium bowl.
- Finely chop (or grate) 2 cloves of garlic , and add to tomatoes
- Add 3 Tbsp Olive oil , 1 Tbsp Balsamic (or red wine) vinegar, ≈1/2 tsp Salt and Pepper to the bowl and toss. Cover and chill for at least 30 Min.
- When you're ready serve, put a rack near the top of your oven and turn on your broiler.
- Slice bread into 3/4" pieces, and arrange on a cookie sheet, brushing the tops with ≈1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Broil for 1-2 Min (stay close and make sure they don't burn!)
- Remove toasted bread, and when it is cooled enough to touch, rub the surface of the bread with a garlic clove cut in half .
- Cut Basil into ribbons and toss with Tomato Mixture, then spoon onto toast pieces.
- Serve with a drizzle of Balsamic reduction, and or some shaved parmesan cheese and enjoy!