1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
3 Apples, Gala, Honey Crisp or Granny Smith
1 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
3 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- Cut your bread into 1" x 1" cubes and add to a large bowl
- Pour 2 Cups of Milk into a large vessel
- Beat 6 eggs into the Milk, then whisk in Maple Syrup, Vanilla & 1/2 of the Cinnamon
- Pour Milk / Egg Mixture over bread and mix with a large spoon or spatula, ensuring all pieces are coated. Cover and refrigerate for 1HR to overnight. ( This one is a great do-ahead recipe)
- When you're ready serve, preheat your oven to 400°
- Peel apples and slice into 1/4" thick slices. Toss in a bowl with remaining Cinnamon
- Heat 1 Tbsp of butter in a Non-stick pan over medium heat. Add Apples tossing to coat, then add brown sugar, stewing 3-5 min at a med-low heat until the apples soften and your kitchen smells like a pie.
- Butter a 9" x 16" Baking dish and press bread mixture into the pan.
- Lay apples on top ( or mix into bread mixture for a more crusty top ) and bake for 30-45 Minutes until bread is golden brown on top and egg is cooke through. ( Start checking at 30 min, and add foil to the top if your dish is browning too much )
- Remove from oven and serve warm with a scoop of Greek Yogurt and some Maple Syrup