This delicious and easy dinner comes together as the pasta boils, with few dishes and lots of flavour. Feeling frisky? Swap out in-season Fiddleheads for your asparagus, and go! Want to see it come together in 30 Seconds? Check out our Recipe Reel.
1 bunch of Asparagus
1/4 C Olive Oil
1/2 C soft Goat Cheese
Zest from 1/2 a lemon
≈4-6 Sage leaves, finely sliced (sub your favourite soft herb)
1 Tbsp Butter
Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper to Season
- Bring a big pot of heavily salted water to a boil.
- Grab your asparagus & cut off the bottom 1/2", then cut into ≈1.5" pieces, set aside.
- Add 1/4 C Olive oil , Goat Cheese , lemon zest & chopped herbs to a large heat proof bowl mix until combined, set aside.
- With 2-3 min left in the pasta cooking time, add asparagus to pot.
- Finish cooking pasta, remove ≈1/2 C Cooking water and transfer pasta and Asparagus to bowl with Sauce mixture.
- Toss together until sauce coats thoroughly, adding pasta water as needed to loosen up sauce.
- Transfer pasta into a large platter and serve with fresh lemon & homemade breadcrumbs if you've got some around.